The Cancer Patient’s Parents Plan her Funeral. After that, she blinks and says 7 words that amaze them.

Abby Furco, a 10 years old, only knew one thing most of her life “Cancer”

When she was just four years old, the lovely fifth-grader was diagnosed with leukemia in 2011. She currently only has a 20% chance of survival according to doctors.

“We were devastated,” Abby’s mother, Patty Furco, said. There was very little hope. We basically said she was going to die.”

The family did everything in their power to support Abby and ensure that she had the best possible life for the next six years. She received experimental drugs, intense chemotherapy and radiation, and a bone marrow transplant.

Patty stated, “We kept her surrounded by love because we knew we could lose her at any time. Because she has so many infections that could end her life, there were times when we didn’t know whether she would survive. We are limited to watching her fight and attempt to recover.”

There was a glimmer of hope in October 2013. After Abby completed treatment, she could once more be a normal child for a “beautiful” year. She joined the Girl Scouts, went to soccer practice, and went to school.

In September of the following year, the cancer recurred, and this time it was even more severe than before.

Our entire being was put to the test by that initial diagnosis, as Patty recalled. She could barely speak and became completely immobile. Every movement hurt.”

“In February 2015, she received a second bone marrow transplant; however, just 15 days later, she was diagnosed with graft-versus-host disease, which is a condition in donated bone marrow starts attacking the body.”

Her kidneys began to fail a month later. She was taken to intensive care, where doctors advised her parents that she would only survive for eight hours without dialysis.

It was time to farewelle

Patty stated, “The doctors informed us that it was time to let her go, because she was only awake for about an hour per day.” We began getting our other daughters ready for her passing.

Abby was admitted to the hospital, and her grandparents flew in to say goodbye. After that, they began the difficult process of planning her funeral and returned her music and casket.

Abby experienced a miracle when she awoke.

Patty told us, “I have so much living to do.”

She continued, “After days, weeks, and months, she started walking and getting stronger. We couldn’t believe it.” It is truly miraculous.”

Abby’s recovery does not have a medical explanation, according to the doctors.

We helped her get home for treatment at the hospital. Abby’s pediatric hematologist and oncologist, Jacob Wessler, stated, “But when we started to back off and take the treatment off so she wasn’t on as much medication, she started to heal on her own.”

She had her ups and downs, but if she keeps going in this direction, she’ll make us all look stupid! “He Added. She defied all oddities.”

Abby is now in remission and receives twice-daily steroids via IV. Her family is optimistic, though her prognosis is still uncertain. They relish every precious moment they have with Abby and take each day as it comes.

Patty stated, “We’ve seen her die and come back to life.” We are now focusing on the future.”

Are you amazed by Abby’s remarkable recovery? Therefore, spread the word!

Leave a Reply