To use the space you have and keep your home or office neat, you need to come up with clever ways to store things.
No matter where you are, like your office, home, or anywhere else, using clever storage ideas can be really helpful.
Cooking can be hard and messy when the kitchen is too small, making it a chaotic and impractical place.
But what about those cabinets above the fridge?
Use the small cabinets above the fridge as a handy but often forgotten place to keep things organized in your kitchen. These hidden spaces can help you keep your kitchen tidy and store more. We’ll share different ways to make the most of these cabinets and give real examples of how to use them effectively.
Putting Appliances You Rarely Use Above the Fridge.
One common purpose of the cabinets above the fridge is to keep small kitchen gadgets that you don’t use all the time. Here are some examples:
- Food Processor: If you only use the food processor occasionally for chopping or slicing, this cabinet is a great spot to store it.
- Blender: Keep your blender hidden but easy to get when you want to make a smoothie once in a while.
- Waffle Maker: Use this cabinet for things like a waffle maker, which you don’t use often but is essential when you want waffles.
Use bins or baskets.
To help you organize your cabinets better, consider using containers or baskets. You can do this for:
- Baking Supplies: Put things like measuring cups, rolling pins, and pastry brushes in bins with labels.
- Canned Goods: Use clear plastic bins to separate canned items like soups, sauces, or vegetables.
- Cookware Accessories: Keep pot holders, oven mitts, and trivets in a basket for easy access.
Make the most of the vertical space.
Use the up-and-down space by adding more shelves or shelves that can be moved. Here’s what you can put there:
- Cookbooks: Stand your cookbooks up straight to save room and show off your collection.
- Spices: Put small shelves in to keep your spice jars, making a small spice rack in the cabinets above the fridge.
- Glassware: Keep glassware you don’t use much or wine glasses on these shelves, standing up.
Storing a Lot and Kitchen Towels
You can easily put kitchen towels and lots of items in the cabinets above the fridge. Here’s how to do it:
- Bulk Staples: Keep extra pantry basics like flour, sugar, or rice in airtight containers to keep them fresh and easy to reach.
- Paper Towels: Make room for more paper towels and tissues, so your kitchen doesn’t get messy.
- Kitchen Towels: Keep kitchen towels, dishcloths, and cleaning rags organized and easy to find in this cabinet.
Storing Seasonal Things and Stuff for Special Occasions Above the Fridge
You can put things you don’t use often or only need at certain times in the little cabinets above the fridge:
- Holiday Decorations: Store your holiday serving dishes, tablecloths, and decorations safely until it’s time to celebrate.
- Picnic Gear: Keep picnic blankets, outdoor dining stuff, and reusable plates for warm days stored neatly and easy to find.
- Fancy Dishes: Use the space for special occasion dishes, like fine china or elegant serving platters, so they stay in good shape until you need them.
Keep Things in Good Condition and Stay Safe.
To keep these cabinets above the fridge working well and safe, keep these things in mind:
- Check Things Regularly: Look at what’s in the cabinets now and then, and get rid of stuff you don’t need. This will help keep things organized.
- Be Safe: When you need to get things from these cabinets, use a stable step stool or ladder to stay safe and avoid accidents.
- Watch for Heat: Be careful with things that don’t like heat because the space above the fridge can get warm from the heat the fridge makes.